1752801 Members
5825 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Insight Manager Configuration

Tim Jopling

HP Insight Manager Configuration

Hi all,

I've installed the latest HP Insight Manager (version 6, on Server 2003, x64bit) and its working ok mostly but when I try to open a System Management Homepage of any servers its monitoring it generates a new window that always ends with 'Page Cannot Be Displayed'. What do I need to do here?

Also with servers I have added it shows that the SNMP has a problem that is degrading functionality but everything looks fine. I can't see the popup result as that shows page not displayed either.

Any ideas what to do?

Cheers

Tim
6 REPLIES 6
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor

hi,

check this docu :

http://docs.hp.com/en/365395-004/365395-004.pdf

search for your error message =>

"Page Cannot Be Displayed"

mikap
Tim Jopling

Thanks for that Mikap it is much appreciated. I've looked through the document but can't see anything that can help here but I have found that when I try to open the System Management Homepage for different servers from HP Insight Manager it only works if I change the hostname to the IP address? Any ideas?

No change on the SNMP issue, have you encountered this before?
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor

hi,

the host resolution is in DNS,

so if you like to make it with the hostnames you nned to update your dns records.

mikap
Tim Jopling

DNS is working fine from what I can see. There are entries for the servers in the DNS on the main DC and from the HP Insight Manager server I can do a ping -a or an nslookup and resolve these fine. I'm going to edit the host file now to see if that can help.
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor

hi,

and what about "Reverse DNS lookup"

mikap
Tim Jopling

Reverse lookup is fine Mikap, have found the entry in DNS ok. Accessing the System Management Homepage through HP Insight Manager on ANY server doesn't work though so I'm wondering if I need to change something in the software?

Thanks

Tim