1748150 Members
3621 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Insight Manager SMTP Mail send

Kuchlmeier
Occasional Contributor

HP Insight Manager SMTP Mail send

Hello,  we have Systems Insight Manger 7.6. installed. We want use mail.office365.com Mailserver to send event messages. Send a testmail failed. The error is: "The email could not be sent: could not connect to the smtp host."  I think we should use Port 587, but i cant specify the port. Does anyone know where i can specify to Port? 

Thank you

Christian

5 REPLIES 5
cesarpegado
Valued Contributor

I don't know if this is the issue, but your smtp for office365 may be wrong. I found the following table which i belive means you should change it to smtp.office365.com. Might be worth a try

Kuchlmeier
Occasional Contributor

Hi cesarpegado,

sorry my mistake, i test with smtp.office365.com, but i posted it wrong.  

n0kia
Valued Contributor

You can't modify the port for the smtp in SIM.

itsactive_01
Occasional Visitor

Hi there...

In the SMTP Host you need to put your companydomain-com.mail.protection.outlook.com address

Then follow this ;

https://support.office.com/en-ie/article/how-to-set-up-a-multifunction-device-or-application-to-send-email-using-office-365-69f58e99-c550-4274-ad18-c805d654b4c4

Option2 is the bit you are interested in..

So, you need to add the connector - from Your Organization to your Office 365 and put the external IP address of your server in (use ipchicken.com to find it)

Then update your SPF record in your Domain Control panel to add ip4:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

That should work...

itsactive_01
Occasional Visitor

I was reading this with interest...

For the last couple of years, this has been working perfectly on our 5 HP Hypervisors, until 1 - 2 months ago.. SIM 7.6 (inc hotfix) - 11/06/2019 UK

Now, only two of the servers are still working, the other 3 have totally packed up sending, when I try the test email its says "The email could not be sent. Could not connect to the SMTP Host"..

We have done nothing to these servers, except maybe the odd Windows Update...

We can send SMTP from the server itself..., but not from Insight Manger.., just doesn't want to know any more...

Any ideas...?