Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1748106 Members
4783 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

HP Management Console - Auto-Email When Drive Fails

Evan Pettrey

HP Management Console - Auto-Email When Drive Fails

I am trying to figure out how I can have the HP Management Console on my ML350 G5 email me automatically in the event that a hard drive fails.

I'm sure there is a way to do this but I can't figure out how to set this up. Can somebody point me in the right direction?

P.S. This thread has been moved from ITRC server mgmt (Insight Manager 7) Forum to ITRC HP Systems Insight Manager Forum

- HP Forums Moderator

3 REPLIES 3
fred Passeron
HPE Pro

Re: HP Management Console - Auto-Email When Drive Fails

Hi

Two ways to achieve this :

1/Insight Agents + HP SIM server:
https://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1045694

2/Insight Agents Alone :
If you have installed the HP Insight Agents on your ML350 G5, then in the start menu / All programs / HP Management Agents should be available. In this menu, one should find a link called Event Notifier Config.

This tool enables the agent to send a email notification on HW failures.

There is also a link to the help for the notifier.

Welcome to the HP Management Agents Event Notifier Configuration Wizard

The HP Management Agents are installed from the HP Management CD by default. The Management Agents monitor the server and the key components and can generate e-mail messages to the system administrator or to an external service provider.

The HP Management Agents Event Notifier Configuration Wizard must be run to receive e-mail notifications. The name of the SMTP mail server and the list of e-mail users who will receive the e-mail messages must be entered. An optional reply e-mail address for undeliverable mail messages may also be entered. The list of notification events can be independently configured for each e-mail recipient.

For more details, refer to the Configuration Prerequisites section.

The opening screen entitled Welcome to the HP Management Agents Event Notifier Configuration Wizard outlines the two basic configuration steps:

Configure the SMTP mail server information.

Configure the list of notification recipients.
If completed, use the information on the worksheet to complete the wizard. Press the Next button to continue.

hope it helps

fred
“Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.” Isaac Asimov
izarzara

Unlisted
Advisor

Reply originally by itro

The actual Event Notifier application is installed in C:\Windows\System32\CIMntfy\lwconfig.exe
There were no shortcut created on my 160 G9 2012 R2 after installing insight management agents