Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP P420 SIM

gurch1
Occasional Visitor

HP P420 SIM

Hi All, 

I have a P420 raid controller providing local storage to a machine running ESXi 6 and another P420 raid controller running on a Windows server 2012 r2 machine. Both are custom built using various hardware for a home lab
I have just installed HPE systems Insight manager to add both controllers for setting up SMTP disk alerts however I can't seem to locate them when using the discovery - can someone point me in the right direction for this?
Thanks

3 REPLIES
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: HP P420 SIM

What server model?

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
gurch1
Occasional Visitor

hi, both the storage server (desktop hardware) and the ESXi host (server hardware) are custom built and use various parts from different vendors 

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Not sure if this works for *your* servers (non Proliant), but SIM needs system management homepage and WBEM/SNMP agents running on the monitored server.

Have a look at "HPE Insight remote Support - Monitored Devices Configuration Guide".

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!