Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1751832 Members
5203 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP ProLiant Management Procesor (iLO) Health status in Systems Insight Manager 7.3

commtech
Occasional Advisor

HP ProLiant Management Procesor (iLO) Health status in Systems Insight Manager 7.3

Hi All,

I noticed that for some of ProLiant Server in this case DL380 G7  HS (Health Status) in HP SIM version 7.3 U 4 is diffrent than I can see when I am logged on to the iLO directly.

For example iLO System Health is Critical for particular server but in the HP SIM in the All Management Processors  Status is OK.  So far we do not monitor the OS Instance  (Windows 2008 R2)  via HP SIM.

iLO 3 details:

iLO Firmware Version: 1.85   

Management Protocols:    HTTPS:1.0, SSH:SSH-2.0-RomSShell_4.62

I tried to Identified System again and performed Hardware Status Polling but status is still wrong. What can be checked in HP SIM Configuration or iLO configuration in order to be able to dignose this issue?

Regards,

Jurek

3 REPLIES 3
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Re: HP ProLiant Management Procesor (iLO) Health status in Systems Insight Manager 7.3

Hello,

Some errors are seen by wbem agents or SNMP agents, can youbpost screenshots from both views in SIM and ILO?

Kind regards,

Andrew
commtech
Occasional Advisor

Unfortunately I cannot publish screenshots because if internal restrictions.

From my perspective it looks that iLO Health Status (HS) in HP SIM can be related to general Management Processor (MP) status rather than to Health Status that can be checked when you are logged on directly to the HP iLO Web page or got answer via RIBC script by using GET_EMBEDDED_HEALTH command.

Finally we could not realy only on iLO HS ( iLO 2, 3)  and have to implement WBEM/WMI Providers on Windows/ESXi instance side.

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Sometimes the status of a server and or ilo can have nothing to do with the actual health status of the server. In some cases the status changes because of IML log entries! To solve this you need to either clear the log or mark them creaded/solved.

I would certainly install the agents on the OS, this way you get a better picture certainly for g7 and older servers.

Kind regards,

Andrew