108783 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP Proliant System Management E-mail notification

superflysy
Occasional Contributor

HP Proliant System Management E-mail notification

Hi everyone

Can anyone help me with this little issue i have

I basically want to setup e-mail notifications via the HP System Management software which is installed on a Proliant ML350e Gen8 server . These notifications will alert me should the server have any issues.

I've setup the e-mail address within the Event Notifier Config and now just want to test this, but how?

Thanks

Simon

4 REPLIES 4
scharchouf
Trusted Contributor

try to send test email from SMH, hardware change Like deplug HDD, firmware for controller card...

Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

From Gen8 servers on, you don't really need the SMH and Insight agents anymore (you can go for Agentless Management Service). And definitely not for sending emails.

You can do this now directly from the ILO4 Management Engine.

Log on to the ILO, go to Administration - Management and then choose AlertMail...

Kr,

Bart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, clik on my KUDOS! "White Star" !
superflysy
Occasional Contributor

Hi Scharchouf

Unfortunately the server is 2 hours away so i cannot remove or turn off the server to test it. Can you suggest anything that i can do remotely?

Thanks

Simon         

superflysy
Occasional Contributor

Hi Bart

I've tried to open the ILO 4 from the SMH but it just takes me to 0.0.0.0 and says page cannot be displayed. The server is a couple of hours away so it's not an easy bit of hardware to administer!

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Simon