1748140 Members
3707 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP SAN EVA Monitoring

venkat_evt

HP SAN EVA Monitoring

Hi,
In our company we have SAN EVA 8000, and i am the responsible person for monitoring that, can any one please send me the some sample excel checklist to monitor that so i can send it as weekly/monthly monitoring checklist.

thanks
ven
4 REPLIES 4
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Re: HP SAN EVA Monitoring

If you're monitoring an EVA8000 you should have ISEE, CommandView, WEBES etc. installed on a management console. Various components of these get configured to send off alerts, in the case of ISEE that includes direct notification to HP.

There's no monthly checklist as such.

The main item you'll need to keep an eye on would be utilisation.
Any disk failures should trigger alarms that are picked up instantly rather than via a weekly checklist.
venkat_evt

Hi,
Thank you for reply,
I just want to check is it required to check EVE 8000 on weekly basis/on daily basis if required (only disk space) how to check(all tools are already installed),is there any tool/commans is available so that if login to server and type the command it has to show the total details of disk usage.

Regards
ven
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

I can only answer - it depends.
If you're the only one allocating space then you don't need to check the EVA for storage usage as you should know what you've done recently.

If others are creating storage LUN's or maybe you're using snapshots then yes, you may want to keep an eye on it.

The EVA will alert you if the occupancy level crosses a set threshold. It should also alert you (and HP via ISEE) if there's a disk failure etc.

In addition you can use SSSU to script reports that extract data from the EVA. This could be tied up to a scheduled job.
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Should have mentioned, if you get WBEM configured correctly then the EVA's are discovered in HPSIM and there's some nice views of the usage etc. from there.