Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1753943 Members
8780 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP SIM 4.0 User Authorizations Problem

Daniel Heynen

HP SIM 4.0 User Authorizations Problem

In HP IM 7.0 sp2 i could grant rights based on administrator/operator/viewer.
Operator's can clear events, and manage all systems. User authorizations in HP SIM make it possible to create system groups/toolboxes and define users (full admin/operator/viewer).

For a group of citrix admins I created user authorization with the idea to only let them manage (clear events) their own servers.

To do this:
A local user account (member of user or admin local group) which is given the User config right -> LIMITED and with an operator template or own defined toolbox/system group

The user can see selected groups of servers and tools but is NOT ABLE to clear/comment events! THIS IS A HUGE BUG/PROBLEM...

Who can help me on this, or try this config on his server and give me feedback.

Regards,
Daniel
4 REPLIES 4
Jadrice Toussaint
Honored Contributor

Daniel this is by design, if you read on the documentation. Only admin priviledge users can clear events.
Daniel Heynen

Thanks for your answer.

As far as I know in HP SIM 7.0 operators could clear events.

We do not want to grant the full admin rights to everyone as they all can change the HP SIM Server settings.

Can you tell me where in the documentation i can find more information about this?

Regards,
Daniel
Jadrice Toussaint
Honored Contributor

Daniel -

Actually if you click on help while within SIM user assignmemt page or the events page, It tells you who currently has access to clear and delete events.
Cesar Barria

I would call this a design flaw. Can you tell us when is HP planning on fixing it?

Thanks,