Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1751744 Members
5711 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP SIM 5.0 Installation Error

Joe McNicholas 1

HP SIM 5.0 Installation Error

We are having problems installing HP SIM 5.0 with SP4 (latest version) using a domain account. The setup initialisation fails and we get an error in the install log stating that:

[HP Systems Insight Manager]Error:The specified service account does not have administrator privileges.
The account is a member of the local Administrators group on the server. When we create a local account on the server and make this a member of the Local Administrators group the installation completes successfully and HP SIM works. As soon as we disable the local account that was used, HP SIM does not work. It appears that level of permissions are associated to the Local Account? The latest we have tried is as follows:

Compared gpresult outputs for the local and domain account and the user security privileges are identical.
What are the security privileges required for the service id used in HP SIM?
4 REPLIES 4
Numy
Frequent Advisor

Re: HP SIM 5.0 Installation Error

I'm not sure I know the answer on this one but we did use a Domain Account to create ours without issue.(at least without issue with regards to the account.) Where is your database? Local or another server? SQL or MSDE?
Joe McNicholas 1

Database is Local and using MSDE.
Joe McNicholas 1

I suspect that the install may try to start some services that are disabled in GPO. Does anyone know which services it would try to start in the very early phase of the setup?
Numy
Frequent Advisor

I'm not sure off hand but wouldn't they show up in the event logs at all if they were attempted to start and failed? Still thinking about it.

I did see a note that talks about the local security policy needing to be modified for the account to allow; logon as a service, create a toekn object and replace a process level token. In addition, COM security will be updated to allow remote access and activation by everyone and anonymous users. It's on page 27 of the SIM 5 Install guide I have from version 5(Not the updated ones from the SP) It also says to see the read me for more details which I haven't done yet. Hope this helps a little.