6269 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP SIM 5.0 SP5 SQL Install troubles

Stevan Beara
Advisor

HP SIM 5.0 SP5 SQL Install troubles

Hi all,
In my lab I am trying to install an HP SIM 5.0 SP5 on the W2K3 SP1, with the SQL2K DB located on the different server (also on a W2K3 SP1 server). They are both VMs on the same ESX3 server (keep in mind that this is a lab install).

I am getting the infamous 'insufficient rights to database' msg. when I am installing the software.

I have read the other threads so I am familiar with the fact that the server role for the domain account should have system administrator or create database privileges (I have chosen the omnipotent SA role). The account I am logging in with is the same one that I have installed the SQL DB in (basically I am using the domain Admin account for everything install wise).

After all this I still can't get it to work. Getting very frustrated. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Stevan
3 REPLIES 3
Stevan Beara
Advisor

Re: HP SIM 5.0 SP5 SQL Install troubles

Basically I found in one of the posts that I shouldn't create a DB ahead of time but let SIM create one for me. What was confusing is that the SIM prior to checking was showing the 'master' DB as the one to write the stuff in, and I didn't want to risk it.

Stevan
CA1050774
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

same problem here with SQL 2005
Stevan Beara
Advisor

Hey Robert,
Basically instead of creating a DB you need to point the installer to the master DB and provide the right credentials (please check other threads for exact privileges you need to have to create the DB within SQL). Don't worry HP SIM does not overwrite (or modify) your master DB in any way, it creates another DB.

Hope this helps,

Stevan