5258 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP SIM 5.0 SP5 & Vulnerability and Patch Management Pack

Mark Hagon
Occasional Contributor

HP SIM 5.0 SP5 & Vulnerability and Patch Management Pack

Hi,

I have SIM 5.0 SP5 installed and as I have read it automatically installs the Vulnerability and Patch Management Pack (along with the Performance Management Pack and Virtualization Management Software).

Whilst I can removed the Performance Management Pack and Virtualization Management Software from Add/Remove Programs, and subsequently the PF and VM columns will disappear in SIM, I can't do the same for the Vulnerability and Patch Management Pack (VPM column).

I have tested a fresh 5.2 Update 1 install and the PF, VPM and VM columns have gone, only to be replaced by an ES column.

So, can I remove the Vulnerability and Patch Management Pack (VPM column) without uninstalling 5.0 SP5 and installing 5.2 instead. I don't use the funtionality and I would like to save RAM and CPU as the MXDOMAINMGR.EXE process needs all it can get!

Mark
2 REPLIES 2
fred Passeron
HPE Pro

Re: HP SIM 5.0 SP5 & Vulnerability and Patch Management Pack

Hi

Would'nt it ahve been simplier to install HP SIM on its own ?
The HP SIM setup had always allow customised setup to allow customer to install what they wanted ...

Concerning the ES column : this one is only here to aggrogate status. It is not a supplementary piece of software like PMP or VMM.

There shoud not be any reason that would prevent you from uninstalling VPMP.
Do you get any specific message when trying to remove it ?

I would advise you to use the 5.2 version anyway for there had been a few releases since HP SIM 5.0 sp5. HP SIM 5.2 brings more features but also more bug fixing (including memory leaks in previous versions...)

Hope it helps

fred
тАЬLife is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.тАЭ Isaac Asimov
Patrakov Dmitry

Re: HP SIM 5.0 SP5 & Vulnerability and Patch Management Pack

I have same problem. Uninstalling VPM done without problem, but on SIM website still remain VPM column with (?) on each servers. How to remove VPM column completly?

And, by the way, how to remove "RDP SIM Integration Module.

SIM 5.03
SQL 2003 Enterprise Edition SP3
W2K3 SE R2 SP2