108756 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP SIM 5.0 SP5 and PMP 4.1

SOLVED
Go to solution
Todd Schelin
Valued Contributor

HP SIM 5.0 SP5 and PMP 4.1

Looks like it has happened again. I am getting prompted to enter a password into a login screen that will not allow me to enter a userid or domain. This happened before with a previous version of PMP and it was a real pain to try and correct. Does anyone know how to solve this or seen it?
5 REPLIES 5
pkrai
Trusted Contributor

Re: HP SIM 5.0 SP5 and PMP 4.1

Hi Todd,

I think you are talking of the login screen during PMP installation. If that is the case, it is just to inform you that, PMP takes 'userid' & 'domain' values from HPSIM environment that has already been installed on the server.

Though it is not advisable to change settings, manually, but if you are sure, you can go through & edit UserName & domain values in globalsettings.props file in HPSIM installation path after 'custom' installing HPSIM without PMP. And install PMP afterward.

Thanks.
Todd Schelin
Valued Contributor

I have tried on 2 different installations of HP SIM and PMP has failed to create the database both times during the upgrade. This is not good.
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Are there any database files still around?

I've found PMP seems to drop the database but does not delete the old database files. The subsequent install fails becauase the old files are still present.
They'll have a name like PMP_V3_0.
Todd Schelin
Valued Contributor

So, I removed the database files etc. Got PMP installed however, now the only thing I get is an Admin button, the PMP licensing button is no longer available and when I click on the Admin button, it just sits there forever. This is really irritating. I have tried the upgrade on 2 different systems and have gotten the same results.

I have attached a screenshot of PMP management page.
Joel Rubenstein
Honored Contributor
Solution

There should no longer be any licensing link after the upgrade to the latest version of PMP. The PMP licensing function is now accessible from the PMP online analysis and configuration pages.

Also PMP 4.1.1 has been released.