4330 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP SIM 5.1 Help Needed!

Chipjnr
Advisor

HP SIM 5.1 Help Needed!

Hi,

I've had previous problems of servers not updating their status. Once the hardware status changes to Critical/Major/Minor they stay at that status even though all issues have been resolved. When you select a server it reports nothing is failed. I've scheduled a hardware polling task which runs every 10 minutes & now most are updating their status.

However, there are still 25+ servers saying they have a critical status when there is nothing wrong. E-mail notification is setup to mail the team when a server reaches critical status. We had over 100+ mails within an hour as servers status went to critical health status.

Does anybody have any advice before I blow away the installation & re-install?
All the servers are running PSP version 7.70A.

Many Thanks,
Neil

4 REPLIES 4
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Critical alerts are usually that the server cannot be contacted at all. You might want to try pinging the critical server from the HPSIM server.
By default hardware polling tasks are set up in HPSIM. One runs every 5 minutes for servers and another every 10 minutes for non-servers.

A mass outage would most likely indicate a connectivity issue.
Chipjnr
Advisor

Hi Rob,

The insight server can ping all servers that are in critical status & you can open the device home page from within insight. The 'Overall System Status' reports no failed/degraded items.

I've checked with the network team & they report no issues with the network.

Thanks,
Neil
Mahesh Shah_3
Frequent Advisor

We are experiencing same problem after system board replaced and Health Status still degraded:

We had system board replaced for ML370 G2 server, which is running win2k sp4 and PSP 7.60 and latest firmware. In SIM under Health Status column it still show yellow (degraded status). I run hardware/software/data collection tasks; also remove/add the server from SIM, but Health Status still show yellow.
Chipjnr
Advisor

Hi,

Have you gone into the Integrated Management Log of the device & marked all items as repaired?

We have done that with our systems & some updated there status. With others they have all items marked as repaired but still have a critical status but are pingable.

Neil