Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1748163 Members
3617 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP SIM 5.1 not able to launch SMH page on server link, but okay to launch with IE7 separately

Pat Winton
Occasional Advisor

HP SIM 5.1 not able to launch SMH page on server link, but okay to launch with IE7 separately

We recently upgraded to IE7 on our XP clients.
The SIM server has ahd IE7 on it for awhile.
HP SIM comes up and sees managed nodes, but I cannot launch SMH page from the server link is not working.
javascript:loadSystemDrillDown("00000000864162de000000030000002e", "asmps06",

I can browse to the servers site http://servername:2301 just fine, however.

Ran out space on C drive recently and had to relocate the tempdb.* files to other drives, but SQL is not showing any other errors.
Any ideas? I'm not too familiar with java stuff.

Pat
4 REPLIES 4
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Re: HP SIM 5.1 not able to launch SMH page on server link, but okay to launch with IE7 separately

There is no Java in the browser in HP SIM. This is not related to Java, but Javascript. Most likely there is some security option that is interfering.
Pat Winton
Occasional Advisor

You are right. It is a security issue. When I logon with the service account that HP SIM runs under I get empty All Server collections. I reauthorized the service account to have All Tools and CMS and All Toolboxes. Still can't launch the server link on HP SIM under All servers. Do I need to restart HP SIM Service?
Pat Winton
Occasional Advisor

Solution was to upgrade HP SIM from 5.1Sp1 to 5.2SP2. This solved the problem with server links in the All Servers collection from not being evaluated after IE7 install on HP SIM user's desktops.
HP Support assisted by suggesting I use HP SIM sources included in the Insight Control Mgmt DVD so that I would get all SIM plug-ins related to Blades. Had to install Daemon tool freeware to see double-layer ICDVD ISO file from HP website.
Thanks!
Pat Winton
Occasional Advisor

Upgrade HP SIM to 5.2SP2