New Discussion юеВ

HP SIM 5.2 : System Overview collection disappeared

SOLVED
Go to solution
OlivierV
Trusted Contributor

HP SIM 5.2 : System Overview collection disappeared

Hello.

I have migrated from SIM 5.1 SP1 to 5.2 on my test server and now I can't see the 'System Overview' collection in the left pane.
It is also not listed in the available pages in the Home page Settings.
Bug or 'by design' ?

This collection is much faster to display when I select it as the default home view than for example 'All Systems'.
And very usefull to select all the informational events.

How to recreate it ?

Regards.
3 REPLIES 3
Rider
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Re: HP SIM 5.2 : System Overview collection disappeared

Not a bug,it's design. Now "System Overview" page is more not avaliable in HP SIM i.e from 5.2
A Real man makes his own luck
OlivierV
Trusted Contributor

I wonder if this change was really fundamental. It was a usefull view to my opinion. New versions are supposed to add new features and fix bugs, not removing features.
Anyway, thank you for your answer.
PEdwards17
Occasional Contributor

I just upgraded to 5.2, and I, too, was VERY DISAPPOINTED to see that the "System Overview" collection was no longer available. This dashboard-like view of my systems makes life so much easier - I launch SIM and right there, on my home page, I can see exactly how many systems are critical, major, minor and normal; which ones had a status that need to be cleared. I have to upgrade because of other issues, but removing this feature was a big mistake - one that makes this tool less friendly to use.