5364 Online
54796 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP SIM 5.2 consuming unvisible disque space

OlivierV
Trusted Contributor

HP SIM 5.2 consuming unvisible disque space

Hello.
I have HP SIM C.05.02.00.00 installed on my test server and the free space remaining on the partition SIM is installed on is decreasing regularly. Using the explorer, there is only 700 Mb of free space, if I check the folders size, or use a tool like treesize, there is 5 Go of free space.
If I stop the HP SIM service, the decrease stops.
I can't find the file(s) or the exact cause of this problem.
The only solution I have to really free the space is to boot the W2003 server in safe mode with a network support, backup the entire partition to a remote drive, format the partition then restore the files.
Did one of you faced such issue ?
Thank a lot.
4 REPLIES 4
Igor Karasik
Honored Contributor

First - check shadow copies status - you can see it in Volume properties in Explorer
OlivierV
Trusted Contributor

Hello Igor.
Shadow Copy is disabled for all the drives.
OlivierV
Trusted Contributor

Hello.

I think I found the problem. There was thousands (more than 60.000) *.OUT files in the folder 'Output' in the HP SIM installation directory.
Most of them are 0 bytes in size. When I start HP SIM service, this folder begins to be filled by tens of OUT files. Some files contains the following data :

missingReqData
-or-
sendingRequestToHp
noresponse
-or-
typeIsMP

I stopped HP SIM service and deleted all the files in this folder and subfolders. But I won't restart it until I have a solution, other than reinstalling it of course (if possible).

Do you what is the purpose of thoses files ? ISSE is uninstalled and HP PMP and ISSE services are stopped. HP SIM is version Windows C.05.02.01.00 ( 2008-03-31 20:07 ) on a W2003 SP 2 server with SQL 2000 SP4.

Thank you.
OlivierV
Trusted Contributor

Hello.
I think I found the solution: there was thousands of OUT files in the 'output' folder. I uninstalled the ISEE client and now the increase of the number of these files is slow.
I also run a daily script that deletes the files dated of the eve and the empty directories in this folder.
Seems to be ok now.