6031 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP SIM 5.3 with SP1

sri77
Occasional Contributor

HP SIM 5.3 with SP1

Hi,

I have recently installed HP SIM 5.3 with SP1 for windows.

Health status is showing as 'disabled' and all the other options it is showing correclty.How to get the health status back? i have attached screen shot for the same.please help me on this, i am new to HP SIMS

4 REPLIES 4
Maxim Revutskiy
Valued Contributor

Re: HP SIM 5.3 with SP1

1. What happening when you selecting server then "options" -> System properties -> Suspend or resume monitoring -> Enable monitoring for target system ?

2. Can you send screenshot with some of the servers properties page opened?
sri77
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the update.

1. i have tried enabling and ran the process, it come with an error message. find below

error:The snooze time was not updated,
the system is either undeployed or cannot be directly polled such as an enclosure.

2. on server properties i have changed OS as windows and system typer as server only i have selected. rest all options i am not changed any thing.

For your information i have three different domains, two domains servers health status is not showing and one domain health status is showing.my domain passwords are different for each domain. this will cause any issue?

I have given my user name & password in the first time wizard screen. same will be used for all the other domains? for using discovery.

Thanks in advance
Sri
Eddie J. Garza
Advisor

I suggest you take a step back and start simple. Bring up a web browser and enter the https://nameofoneoftheservers:2381
try to login to SMH. If it comes up then it is instrumented with agents. Check to see that the community string on SNMP matches with what HP SIM is configured with. (The string is case sesitive). If that all checks out then make sure HP SIM is resolving the Server name to the correct ip address that is assign to the server. If so then try to do a Configure and repair agents. (configure a Trust at the same time)
Then run identify task. Then run Hardware status polling.
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Are you referring to the HW status for the entry for the HP SIM server or for another server? If it's for another server, here's a key question...do you see an IP address listed for that server? If not, the server in question has had its iLO discovered (or if it's a blade, OA has told HP SIM that the blade exists). This is the result of having the option checked in Automatic Discovery, "Discover a server when its iLO is discovered."

When that happens, the server actually isn't being discovered in its own right; because of the response from iLO or OA, HP SIM is inferring that it exists. Basically a record is created for it, the name is set to the serial number and the status is disabled. This is a mechanism by which HP SIM can "discover" undeployed (without an OS or not even powered on) servers.

If the server is in fact operational, when HP SIM discovers the server in its own right (has to be able to talk to its IP address and gather info), the record will be updated.