Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1752628 Members
5799 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP SIM 6.0 fresh installation issue

Robert Maday

HP SIM 6.0 fresh installation issue

I have just set up a server running Windows Server 2008 Enterprise for HP-SIM 6.0. Upon completing the installation and finalizing the First Time Wizard setup, I have come across a problem. No matter what link I click in the Home window or System Status window, the page refreshes quickly, but no change is made to the page. Effectively, I cannot do anything with the Insight Manager.

I know that it has performed the inventory because I can see servers enumerated under the Syatem and Event Collections.
3 REPLIES 3
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Try setting IE8 to compatibility mode or installing FireFox.
Jens Farley

Which version of IE is this?

You mentioned â the page refreshes quickly.â This is less than 100% of the page, correct? Itâ s just the right-side workspace area under the menu?

Does anything work, such as minimizing the banner (the [-] in the upper right-hand corner of the page), signing out, maximizing the workspace (click on Maximize in the upper right-hand corner of the workspace), clicking on collections on the left, or invoking menu items above the workspace?

You might try clearing your browser cache. Also, make sure there is not a large time disparity between the browser and server (if they are on different systems).
Robert Maday

I AM using IE 8 and tried using compatibility mode (to no avail). Using FireFox worked.