108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP SIM 6.1b

SOLVED
Go to solution
Darren Etheridge_2
Super Advisor

HP SIM 6.1b

I have recently upgraded to the new HP SIM 6b version. In the older versions it gave the information about the Warranty Status of my HP Servers, but now I don't see it anywhere in the SIM Manger. Is it there hidden somewhere?

Thanks

D
3 REPLIES 3
BPE
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

Re: HP SIM 6.1b

If you still have the menu options->Remote Support Configuration and Service, you can try to select customize in the all systems page and check if the CW moved to the in the avaliable column list.
If not I would open a HW call on your SIM Server (SN/PN) at HP. you should mention that it is a remote support problem. If you use ITRC case manager select Support Tools RSP/ISEE.
They can give you the correct recovery procedure. I did not yet upgrade from 6 to 6.1B but I had the same problem after an upgrade from 5.? to 5.3 last year.
Darren Etheridge_2
Super Advisor

Nope.... I can't seem to find it anywhere... I guess they must have taken it out in this version.
BPE
Esteemed Contributor

Ok. Now I understand what happened.
The Insight Remote Support Advanced IRSA Kit was installed after you installed SIM V6.
IRSA installed different services (Desta_Serverice WEBES, Remote Support Client/ RSClient Remote Support Software Manager and in older version (before webes 5.6) also Open Service Event Manager OSEM ). During the IRSA/ Remote Support installation some web links and SIM extensions are also installed in the System Management Home Page SMH of your SIM Server. You can verify this by checking if you still can reach the WEBES code.
START-> All Programs -> Hewlett-Packard Service Tools-> System Event Analyzer -> System Event Analyzer
(You should get an explorer session with a Webpage which asks for a password)
Or even better, you can reach the Remote Support page in the SMH part of your SIM server.
https://your_sim_server_ip_or_name:2381/isee/isee-entitlement.php
(Use the login you normally use for your SMH)
If this is the case you do not really reinstall remote support. You can ask the HP remote support tools support team. It is free if your HW has a Service contract or is under warranty.