New Discussion

Re: HP SIM 6.3 - problems installing

SOLVED
Go to solution
OhhBee-1
Regular Advisor

HP SIM 6.3 - problems installing

Hi, 

I'm trying to install HP SIM 6.3 without luck. Basically, the installer just jumps into "this program cannot display the webpage", before or after I am asked for the remote database credentials depending if I run the intregrated installer from the HP ICE DVD, or HP SIM installer from the folder for HP SIM. I'm attaching a screen picture.

All prerequisites from the installer tests are passed, by the way.

HP SIM server:

OS Name Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name TRAPPHPSIMP01
System Manufacturer VMware, Inc.
System Model VMware Virtual Platform
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5670 @ 2.93GHz, 2933 Mhz, 1 Core(s), 1 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies LTD 6.00, 13.10.2009

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi,

I assume that you have Internet Explorer 9 running? If so, this is a known issue...

Please remove IE9 and revert to IE8... Problem will be solved...

Find here the HP customer advisory http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c02945254

Afterwards you can upgrade again to IE9 if you want, but the install procedure doesn't like IE9...

Kr,

Bart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, clik on my KUDOS! "White Star" !
OhhBee-1
Regular Advisor

Thanks man! I suspected it!

Insanely irritating that this check is not included in the software advisor. I've spent hours troubleshooting this.

Anyway, thanks a lot!

scottdr36

I just found your post AFTER I DELETED MY 2008 r2 64 bit OS. oh well Ill recreat a new vm 2008 r1 64 bit and roll back to IE 8 and try again, THANKS

Gsilver
Visitor

Hi , I have just installed hpsim 6.3 with IRS Advanced 5.7 . But the contract/warranty button is not found at "option" any idea ?