1751797 Members
4978 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP SIM 6 - Cluster Monitor Status Change

Igor V Abzalov
Super Advisor

HP SIM 6 - Cluster Monitor Status Change

Hi. After upgrade to HP SIM i recieve a lot of same messages from MS Windows 2000 cluster node

Subject: coi-cl2: Cluster Monitor Status Change - Node: - HPSIM

Event Name: Cluster Monitor Status Change - Node
URL: https://coi-cl2.xxxx.ru:2381/
Event originator: coi-cl2
Event Severity: Critical
Event received: 15-Jun-2010, 14:08:07
Event description: Monitor Status Change - Node

Event Details:
CMX TEXT:

In HP SMG all OK. What is the problem ?
8 REPLIES 8
Alec Everts2

We are having the exact same issue. We have a 2-node Server 2008 File Server cluster. Each node give the same message at fairly regular intervals. In an attempt to reduce the message I have removed the Cluster monitor from the local agents but the errors are still being sent. Both the cluster and nodes have a green status and no errors in the logs. HP SIM6 and Agents v8.26.
Igor V Abzalov
Super Advisor

So. How to check HP agents? Are there any trace files or logs on problem host? Could somebody from HP comment it?
Jake Mihalak
Advisor

I am also having the same issue. HP SIM v6. Windows 2003 cluster. All I ever get is a blank CMX TEXT with nothing else. When I check the nodes, everythings status is normal. It started out alerting very infrequently, but now has grown to sending 4 identical alerts every 5 minutes. This type of issue renders an alerting system useless as admins quickly learn to ignore the alerts and other valid ones. Who can blame them. their email box is drowned in alerts. its called shift delete all. HP get on the ball already with this product, charge money for it so its worth a crap. I've been trying to use it for 3 years and I'm ready to throw it in the trash bin.
Hense, Klaus
Valued Contributor

Hallo,
I get the same messages with SIM6 and w2008r2 cluster.
Beispiel:
example
===================================
Event Name: Cluster Monitor Status Change - Node
URL: https://server:2381/
Event originator: server
Event Severity: Critical
Event received: 28-Sep-2010, 18:43:48
Event description: Monitor Status Change - Node

Event Details:

CMX TEXT: System Resource: at sap2 device status on node sap-cluster of cluster became critical.
====================

New Installations, newest driver and tools.

At the server it all look OK.
klhe
Change_happens
Honored Contributor

bet its agent issue because on cluster you need to do something more(configuration) then just installing agents:

by configuration i mean you need to enable agents and few thing you will know in below thread:

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=966208
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

Is there any update on this. I just migrated to HP SIM 6.2 a week ago and now we are getting bombed with cluster alerts. As mentioned by other people in this post, the servers and cluster appear healthy in the OS, SMH, and SIM.

Thanks
Nelson
Haga
Occasional Visitor

Hi

I have the same issue. Is there someone that can add any new information regarding this problem?  IтАЩm using Insight version C.06.00.00.00 and the agent have version 8.70.0.0

jim goodman
Trusted Contributor

I sometimes doubt my wisdom in attempting to address this, but....

A couple of things can cause this

1) Cluster Resource Monitor (options-->cluster monitor) can have some threshold values that can trigger

2) Improperly discovered clusters can cause System Types (verify on the System Page-->Edit System Properties) to not be properly assigned.

What you'll want to do is look at the Cluster topics in the online help and there is Cluster Monitor Resources, as well as, Troubleshooting Clusters as well. Maybe you'll find your smoking gun.

I believe the mib was also revised at some point, and you may try updating your mib kit found on the SIM Download page.