Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1751894 Members
4858 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion

HP SIM 7.1 First Time Wizard configuration.

Noctis0791
Occasional Advisor

HP SIM 7.1 First Time Wizard configuration.

Hi Guys,

We are in the process of configuring our newly installed HP SIM 7.1. When we run the first time wizard, we are not sure what to put into Sign-in and SNMP credentials. We have the installation and configuration guide for HP SIM 7.1 but we still find it unclear. Can anyone explain this to me in details? What should we put on these credentials, is it the account that we used for installation, domain admin accounts, etc.? What should we put on SNMP credentials, Read Community String? Any help would much be appreciated guys.

Thank You very much!

Arnel 

4 REPLIES 4
Rancher
Honored Contributor

Re: HP SIM 7.1 First Time Wizard configuration.

For the SNMP credentials, use the read string that you have set up on your server's SNMP settings.

I didn't put anything in sign in credentials until we have virtual machines.  Then I used the Root account.

Noctis0791
Occasional Advisor

Hi Rancher,

Thanks for your reply. I forgot to mention this server is actually a virtual machine in the actual domain. For now, this is just for testing before we deploy the real one. What is the root acount by the way? Is it the installation account?

Thank You,

Arnel

Agent_Sulky
Occasional Advisor

The sign-in credentials are used during server discovery and are associated with managed entities afterwards.  

In my environment I use the following:

Windows servers:  a Domain service account that has local admin access on all servers

Linux:  root

ILO: The ILO credentials

Onboard Admins: Enclosure login details

etc.

However,  I don't use the system automatic discovery.  I created different discovery tasks for each type of environment using only the necessary credentials.  Works well for my environment and makes identifying discovery issues somewhat simpler.

..I'm sensing a soul in search of answers..
Noctis0791
Occasional Advisor

Hi Sulky,

Thanks for clearing that up. I'll let you know if I have additional questions to ask. Currently working on other projects now.

Thank You,

Arnel