1753288 Members
5362 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

HP SIM 7.1 "forgetting" credentials

sterls27
Frequent Advisor

HP SIM 7.1 "forgetting" credentials

Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue.  Running HP SIM 7.1 and have successfully discovered and identified multiple different HP system types (i.e. From DL380 G3's to BL465c G7's in a C7000 chassis) with no issues, except for no XML data on the old first generation iLO's which I can live with.  All my credentials are correct and have non-expiring passwords.  The problem I'm seeing is that when the daily system identification task runs, it will sometimes report there are no working sign-in credentials, and upon investigation, sure enough the sign-in credentials that were set during the discovery process are gone and sometimes there are no credentials listed or just snmp credentials.  I can sometimes just run an identification and it goes through just fine and dandy and then reports the credentials when viewed...othertimes I can either enter them manually or run the discovery process again manually.  We have the automatic discovery schedule disabled and only run when needed.  Note also that this is not happening on every system, but has happened across all system types including the iLO's and appears to be extremely random.

Is anyone else seeing this behavior where the credentials used during the discovery process disappear for no apparent reason?