1753797 Members
8163 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP SIM 7.2, not getting hardware alerts

cruice
Occasional Visitor

HP SIM 7.2, not getting hardware alerts

I need some assistance here and am some what new to HPSIM.  I have 7.2 running SNMP is set up, but I am not getting email alerts for hardware failures.  I have Automatic Event Handling setup for ALL Critical / Major and Minor tasks and the ONLY email alerts I get is when a system is unreachable.

I am banging my head here.  I went down the SNMP path, but since I DO get alerts, that appears to be working.  I've tried several different Automatic Event Handling definitions and just can figure this out.

And I know I have "issue" cause if I look at the summary I can see a slew of "Critical" events for items like "Network Interface lost connectivity, Ethernet team lost redundancy etc.  But am simply not getting email alerts for any event BUT "System is unreachable"...

HELP!!!

P.S. This trhead has been moved from Insight Remote Support > General to ITRC HP Systems Insight Manager Forum. - Hp Forum Moderator

1 REPLY 1
LGentile
Trusted Contributor

Re: HP SIM 7.2, not getting hardware alerts

I created a special event collection based off a system collection that only shows critical/major events.  On this special event collection, i created an event handler that just forwards anything that drops in there.  It was easier for me to manage the events this way, so if I want to change anything, i just update the collection attributes and the event handler automatically works since it forwards ALL events - the filtering is done at the collection level.

So i have a few event collections:

- Major/Critical for HP hardware (tied to an HP system collection)

- Minor/Warnings for Storage events (since the "status change" events are sometimes warnings for PFAs - very annoying)

- Major/Critical for Dell machines (tied to a Dell system collection)

The criteria for those event collections are simply the built-in event collection called 'Critical and Major' and the system collection for whatever hardware I want (or i guess, All Systems if you want - too much information for me).