Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP SIM 7.4 - Sign-In Event Settings - Only registers failed regardless of setting.

OllieOllieOxenF
Occasional Visitor

HP SIM 7.4 - Sign-In Event Settings - Only registers failed regardless of setting.

HP SIM 7.4

Sign-In Event Settings set to "All sign-in and sign-out activities"

When viewing events under Events - Shared - Sign-In Events - All Sign-In and Sign-Out Events ONLY listings are "Sign-In Failed Authentication" events.  There are numerous (too numerous) sign-ins throughout a workday, none are ever to be found.

The options are so stripped down, there is little for me to tinker with so far as i can see and I'm not finding any similar problems on forums in any web searches.

Any suggestions?

2 REPLIES
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Re: HP SIM 7.4 - Sign-In Event Settings - Only registers failed regardless of setting.

Hello,

Ik you look under Events > Sign-In Events > All Sign-In and Sign-Out Events you should see Sign-Out, Successfull Sign-In and Sign-In Failed Authetication events. My setup has had no changes for Sign-in or out event logging so this should work out of the box.

Kind regards,

Andrew
OllieOllieOxenF
Occasional Visitor

Re: HP SIM 7.4 - Sign-In Event Settings - Only registers failed regardless of setting.

Thanks very much for the reply -

However, that is precisely what i am stating -

Events > Sign-In Events > All Sign-In and Sign-Out Events

The ONLY events that show are "Sign-In Failed Authetication" events.

If I navigate to:

Options > Security > Sign-In Event Settings

"All sign-in and sign-out activities" radio button is correctly highlighted, but there are demonstrably no records of successful sign-in events in the expected bucket.

Thanks!