Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1752618 Members
4599 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

HP SIM 7.4 - Sign-In Event Settings - Only registers failed regardless of setting.

OllieOllieOxenF
Occasional Visitor

HP SIM 7.4 - Sign-In Event Settings - Only registers failed regardless of setting.

HP SIM 7.4

Sign-In Event Settings set to "All sign-in and sign-out activities"

When viewing events under Events - Shared - Sign-In Events - All Sign-In and Sign-Out Events ONLY listings are "Sign-In Failed Authentication" events.  There are numerous (too numerous) sign-ins throughout a workday, none are ever to be found.

The options are so stripped down, there is little for me to tinker with so far as i can see and I'm not finding any similar problems on forums in any web searches.

Any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Re: HP SIM 7.4 - Sign-In Event Settings - Only registers failed regardless of setting.

Hello,

Ik you look under Events > Sign-In Events > All Sign-In and Sign-Out Events you should see Sign-Out, Successfull Sign-In and Sign-In Failed Authetication events. My setup has had no changes for Sign-in or out event logging so this should work out of the box.

Kind regards,

Andrew
OllieOllieOxenF
Occasional Visitor

Re: HP SIM 7.4 - Sign-In Event Settings - Only registers failed regardless of setting.

Thanks very much for the reply -

However, that is precisely what i am stating -

Events > Sign-In Events > All Sign-In and Sign-Out Events

The ONLY events that show are "Sign-In Failed Authetication" events.

If I navigate to:

Options > Security > Sign-In Event Settings

"All sign-in and sign-out activities" radio button is correctly highlighted, but there are demonstrably no records of successful sign-in events in the expected bucket.

Thanks!