108722 Solutions
New Discussion

HP-SIM 7.4 and SQL Support

SOLVED
Go to solution
Phillip Thayer
Esteemed Contributor

HP-SIM 7.4 and SQL Support

I have a question about HP-SIM Version 7.4 and the SQL Server support.  It states in the Support Matrix that HP-SIM V7.4 supports only up to SQL 2012 SP1.

What I need to find out is will HP-SIM V7.4 support an SQL 2012 database intance that is running on an 2014 SQL Server?  If not is there a version of HP-SIM planned that will support 2014 SQL Server?

Thanks,

Phil

Once it's in production it's all bugs after that.
8 REPLIES 8
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Re: HP-SIM 7.4 and SQL Support

Is the hardware platform you want to monitor big? Otherwise you could try the local SQL express that comes with SIM.
Kind regards,

Andrew
Phillip Thayer
Esteemed Contributor

We are prohibited from using SQL Exress as we are a DoD site and security restrictions will not allow this configuration.  We have to use an SQL Server.  We are upgrading our SQL Servers to 2014 and need to know if we can still run HP-SIM on them if the DB Instance is a 2012 Instance.

Phil

Phillip Thayer
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

answer from HP SUpport on this.

That configuration is not suipported and not tested yet.

C'est la vie.

Phil

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

I use SQL 2008 and that's also not supported. Then i called HP and asked him if they only supported 2012 but they told me that i could give it a try. And it worked like a charm, so if it'a not supported it does not mean it does not work. I skiped the warning and went ahead with the installation. I've got SQL 2008 running on 7 SIM setups so kust give it a try...
Kind regards,

Andrew
Server-Support
Super Advisor

ok, with the latest version of HP SIM v7.4, Can I install it on SQL Server 2012 Express Edition SP2 ?

would that be supported ?

Best regards,
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello there,

If i read the website correct a Sp1 of the SQL 2012 is included, look here : http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c04462776

NOTE: MS SQL 2012 Express SP1 requires 

So i guess an Sp2 would not be a problem.

Kind regards,

Andrew
Server-Support
Super Advisor

Many thanks Andrew.
Best regards,
Server-Support
Super Advisor

OK, I can now confirm that HP SIM v7.4 is working with:

Microsoft SQL Server 2012 - 11.0.5058.0 (X64) Standard Edition (64-bit) on Windows 

Best regards,