1748338 Members
4326 Online
108762 Solutions
New Discussion

HP SIM 7.5 with all hotfixes - System Name links stop responding to click

sknickhp
Occasional Advisor

HP SIM 7.5 with all hotfixes - System Name links stop responding to click

I initially was having some SIM issues, including the discovery page not loading & system tasks page not loading - they just don't respond to clicks regardless of browser.  I found out there were >700k "informational' events in the SIM database - I had been cleaning the higher level ones but wasn't paying attention to the informational ones. 

I cleaned them all out using a SQL command & shrunk the database when finished.  I'm working on permanently cleaning up the systems that are spamming info events (ESX hosts on blade hardware), but for now I'm just deleting them every couple of days.

Once the initial cleanup was done, I ran "mxinitconfig -a" & restarted SIM & it worked well for a couple of days.  But now when I go to click on the name of a blade chassis in a collection, instead of taking me to the page for the chassis it just does nothing.  Restarting SIM will fix it temporarily, but even with the db cleanup it takes an hour or more to initialize when restarted.

Has anyone else seen this & is there a fix besides restarting SIM?  Looking at eventually upgrading to 7.6 or newer, but that requires new SQL server software I believe (Running SQL 2008).   This is all older stuff that will retire in the future so hence it running the older software.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
sknickhp
Occasional Advisor

Re: HP SIM 7.5 with all hotfixes - System Name links stop responding to click

Update: This issue has pretty much gone away.  I made the all info events page my homepage, & I clear them more frequently now.  Have a couple remaining issues, but this has cleared up.