Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1748223 Members
4529 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

HP SIM Assign Baseline - XML Name displayed (not Baseline name)

SwisspostIT
Valued Contributor

HP SIM Assign Baseline - XML Name displayed (not Baseline name)

Hello everyone,

Since few days I cannot anymore assign any baseline via HP SIM to a system.

In the list of all the baselines (under assign systems to baseline) there are not the names of the baselines displayed but the name of the xml files with the baseline version (for example: bp00465.xml [8.50] ).

However if I try to assign such a baseline to a system (because of the displayed version I know which xml belongs to which operating system) it allways says "That baseline is not suitable for all the systems you selected because the baseline's operating system does not match all of the selected systems. Choose another baseline or change the system selections so that they match the baseline operating system".

I'm 100 percent sure that the baseline and the system selected match the operating system and also it worked before!

If I configure a VCA locally on a system, the baselines are displayed properly and can be assigned.

I just can't assign them through HP SIM...

I've already read once here in the forum about such an issue but I didn't find the post anymore.

Did someone have this problem too?

Does anyone know what to do to resolve this issue?

Regards,

3 REPLIES 3
SwisspostIT
Valued Contributor

Re: HP SIM Assign Baseline - XML Name displayed (not Baseline name)

Had a call open at HP but we didn't really figure out the problem...

After I've deleted the hole repository and built a new one I saw that the Trust Status in HP SIM (under Options --> Software/Firmware --> Version Control Repository) was NOK.

I changed the Trust Mode on the SIM Server (which is also hosting VCRM) to trust all and after 1-2 hours the problem was gone.

No I'll rebuild my previous Baselines and will test then if the problem reoccurs if I change the Trust Mode back to "Trust by Certificate" (since I also have the Single Sign On Problem on the SIM because of HP SMH 7.1)

shocko
Honored Contributor

I have the same problem. No fix form HP?

If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)
SwisspostIT
Valued Contributor

Hi,

We never could "repair" that issue otherwise than rebuilding all Baselines from scratch...

I'm sorry but that was the only solution we finally had :-(

Regards,