1748128 Members
4027 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP SIM - Configure and Repair Agents

ompee
Occasional Advisor

HP SIM - Configure and Repair Agents

I am trying to Set Trust Relationship by Certificate and get the following error

"HP Systems Insight Manager was unable to install the target's HP Repair Tool ser
vice.  This could be caused if another instance of the tool is currently running
.  Retry at a later time."

This is a Windows 2008 R2 and can confirm there is nothing to do with the Firewalls, I have done this successfully on other 2008 R2 boxes.

Thanks in advance.

OP

9 REPLIES 9
Mahmoud Ibrahim
Honored Contributor

Hi Ompee,

You problem is mainly related to User Account Control block the installation process, disable User Account Control and try again.

Check readme file README-HPSystemsInsightManager5.3withUpdate1

http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01733894/c01733894.pdf

Page 15

Regards,
Mahmoud Ibrahim
http://www.itmthoughts.com
  • Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left.

• Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.
ompee
Occasional Advisor

Hi Mahmoud, thanks but this did not help either, i am still getting the same error.

I am running HP SIM 6.3
Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

on the target server (to be managed) is the full PSP installed?

Is locally the System Management Homepage running fine? Be sure first that locally everything is well set up (SNMP settings!) before connecting SIM to it...

You can also use the Manage Communications option (Configure menu) from SIM to check if SIM is able to communicate with the target server via all protocols...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, clik on my KUDOS! "White Star" !
ompee
Occasional Advisor

Thanks, i have tried this and still get the same error, i can access SMH without any issues.

OP
Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

What happens when you try to import the certificate when you are in the SMH on the server? There you can also manually import the certificate by entering the SIM server name...

Does your SMH sees the certificate of the SIM server?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ompee
Occasional Advisor

yes, i can see the certificate under trusted management servers in SMH
Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

If the certificate is in the SMH, this means that the SIM server is trusted... What is the issue then? Normally it should work like that?

What you can do additionaly is do a re-discovery of the server by HP SIM... SIM will detect the SMH with its certificate and will import everything in its database...

ompee
Occasional Advisor

All, thanks for your suggestions.
I uninstalled OpenSSH and this has fixed the issue
psonnelite
Occasional Visitor

Hi Ompee i have the same problem.

You just unistalled openssh from HP SIM 6.3 CMS server?

Thanks