1752809 Members
6113 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP SIM + EVA 4400

Mike Celone
Frequent Advisor

HP SIM + EVA 4400

We have an EVA4400 that I am trying to get to show in SIM 5.3 but not having much luck. We have a Win2k3 server with Command View 8 installed but Insight Manager never sees the EVA4400. The Command View server has the HP StorageWorks CIM Object Manager started but I don't think that Insight Manager can log into it. When I installed Command View on the management server it never asked me for a username/password. Any else get an EVA 4400 to show up in SIM?
Mike
6 REPLIES 6
ITRC Test-CH
Trusted Contributor

You can check for the "offered" active EVAs with the tool WBEMDISCO. It's located in C:\Program Files\HP\System Insight Manager\.
It is necessary to select your SMS and run "Identify systems...", when all prerequisites have been fullfilled, like
- CV-EVA and SMI-S CIMON running
- ELMC_WCCproxy and MC3 installed and running on the SMS
- if CV is running on a CMS the WBEM application port must be unique for the WBEM CV communication
Regards, Werner
Thomas Martin
Trusted Contributor

Hello Mike,

look for the following file cimserver_planned.conf . Its normaly in C:\Program Files\The Open Group\WMI Mapper\.

Edit this file by adding under the comment lines with this line: httpsport=6989

Add an account in the local group "HP Storage Admin" for sign in in EVA CV. Run the First Time Wizard again and add this account as additional "Sign in" Account for the systems.

Restart server and run a new discovery of the server.

Thomas
Mike Celone
Frequent Advisor

I am running WbemDisco with the following command:

wbemdisco 5989 root administrator administrator

The error message I get back is (CIM_ERR_ACCESS_DENIED). What would be the default user name and password to connect? Or does it rely on a Windows account?
Mike
Mike Celone
Frequent Advisor

Ok so I reqlized it uses a Windows username and password for WBEMDisco. I also had the namespace wrong, it should be interop. Finally it works with my own personal user account but not the account I use for Insight Manager to do other WBEM discoverys. Where on my CV server do I need to grant the user account permissions?
Mike
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

The account used needs to be added to the Storage Admins group on the CV Server.

HP SIM uses CV to access the data, so you can either use credentials that are in the Storage Admins Group or add the HPSIM User to that group.
Mike Celone
Frequent Advisor

I thought the user account would need to be part of the HP Storage Admins group. I added the SIM user account to this group but it still did not work. For now I added my user account in the SIM dscovery and the EVA now shows up in there.

After I add the user account to the group do I need to restart a service to get it to recognize the change?
Mike