108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP SIM Eventhandling

VF_Agent
Occasional Contributor

HP SIM Eventhandling

Hello
I am new to HP SIM.
We want to manage our preproductional environment with HP SIM. For Test it is only 1 ESX Server. This server has properly been identified by HP SIM. But the Server has a Power Failure which is not so problematical that we have to fix it in the preprodution. now HP SIM notice that and gets events for that. If we setting up an eventmail for that we get every minute an email.

How can I create a task which sends email if the status of the server CHANGE an not always the same?
4 REPLIES 4
marsh_1
Honored Contributor

Re: HP SIM Eventhandling

hi,

HP SIM cannot tell if one event is the same as a previous one (no event aggregation) so you will get an e-mail every time it receives an event if you have set up an event handler for that event. you get this sort of feature in OVO , BMC Patrol, Tivoli etc ....but then they cost a lot of money !
either temporarily disable notifications for repetitive known problems or review your event handling to see if you really do need to see all the events you have set up notifications for.

fwiw

VF_Agent
Occasional Contributor

Alright that is not good for that.
But is there no way to minimize the number of emails. In an older version of this tool there is an adjustment to get one - X mails for the failure. That is what a colleague told me but he not know how he can set it up in the version 5.3 with SP1.

Is there such a feature?
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

There is not a feature like that nor has there ever been. Rob is also right--only one event is sent per incident, in this case when the power went out (was this on a UPS?). During the time of the power outage not other incident has happened and therefore no event.
VF_Agent
Occasional Contributor

that clarifies my question