5731 Online
108798 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP SIM Events accounting

Kantcho Manahov
Occasional Advisor

HP SIM Events accounting

Hello All,

I'm looking in a solution of accounting who did clear the event in HP SIM. I read the documents and look in the forum , but I could not find anything about it.
Is there any solution for that?
5 REPLIES 5
Ulrich Jahn
Advisor

Hello!

Perhaps your administrators can assign the event to their username before they clear the event. then you can see who clears the event.
Kantcho Manahov
Occasional Advisor

Thank you for the suggestion. This will work , but what about if somebody cleared an event that should not be cleared like Disk Threshold and we don't know who did it.
I remember there was a such functionality in Compaq IM 7 , but with HP SIM they removed. I know also that this feature is available in OVO , but specially for these servers I don't have enough licenses for OVO.
Kantcho Manahov
Occasional Advisor

Is there from HP that is reading this forum or it's just based on user experience?I just need answer like -possible , not possible or we are looking for that in the next version.
Aravindh Rajaram
Honored Contributor

You can get to know from the mx.log file that registers all the activities happening in SIM. You can view it through the menu item, "Tasks & Logs -> View HP Systems Insight Manager Audit Log..." in the UI.
Kantcho Manahov
Occasional Advisor

Thanks that solves the problem thank you.