4764 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

HP SIM ICE License Transfers

Duckfather
Frequent Advisor

HP SIM ICE License Transfers

Hi all

I currently have a copy of HP SIM 6.3 running with some Insight Control plugins (Virtual Machine Management, Power / Thermal Management etc).

For technical reasons, I'm having to build a new version (7.0.1) and re-point a subset of my devices to it.

My question is, how can I move my Insight Control licenses from the old v6.3 instance to the new v7.0.1instance?

Thanks in advance

Andy

2 REPLIES 2
Tushar Bajpai
Trusted Contributor

Re: HP SIM ICE License Transfers

In Upgrade licenses are not lost. Use DMT (Data Migration Tool) to upgrade to a never CMS.
if it helped, award me Kudos or Points. Thanks :)

\T Bajpai
HP Employee

Duckfather
Frequent Advisor

Re: HP SIM ICE License Transfers

Unfortunately, the origonal instance cannot be upgraded. This has to be a completely new instance. In fact, the old instance will also be completely blown away and rebuilt at a later date due to OS issues, so we definately need a method of moving these licenses around.

The final build will consist of two HP SIM 7.x instances monitoring two seperate sets of hardware using the Remote Support Next Gen version to talk to HP. I have been advised by HP to go down this route as they won't support us on any other build design, so shifting these licenses is a must!