6135 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

HP SIM ILO Console integration - Question / details required

Jagadesh_2
Regular Advisor

HP SIM ILO Console integration - Question / details required

Experts,

I have many HP Blade servers in few domains who's ILO has same password for all servers. I am in the process of moving this setup to LADP to secure the environment and to have more accountability. I am planning to arive at a solution by implementing HP SIM master server in each domain/network and authenticate master server to LADP to have accountability. Once the user logs in to the master servers, they will then be able to access all the remaining servers console with in the domain.. with out further autentication and it should log the accountability of who uses the remote console. Please could you advice on if this is possible and if so how it need to be implemented.

Thanks in advance for your valuable answers / suggestions.

P.S. This thread has been moved from Insight Remote Support > general to ITRC HP Systems Insight Manager Forum - HP Forums moderator

2 REPLIES 2
Jagadesh_2
Regular Advisor

Re: HP SIM ILO Console integration - Question / details required

To put the question more simpler.. will it be possible to use HP SIM management server for centralized ILO console management. From the master server, Will I be able to access all the remaining servers ILO console with out username and password as the credentials are already captured while logging in to management servers.

Thanks

wroot
Occasional Advisor

Re: HP SIM ILO Console integration - Question / details required

Sorry to intrude, but my question is very similar, so i don't want to start another thread. My setup is simpler, just a few servers, but i want the same thing, just to log into HP SIM and then press Integrated Remote Console link in the iLO device Tools tab and login to a server's remote view without entering any credentials or pressing any buttons, etc. I mean, i don't even want to login to iLO web interface, but directly into server's remote window (running Windows Server OS). I have iLO Advanced license installed in HP SIM, so licensing shouldn't be an issue, though i'm not sure whether HP SIM will automatically inform iLO about this license or should i install this license to every iLO device manually (this is needed to access server's OS via remote window). I can't find any documentation on doing such SSO (actually documentation is pretty complex and unclear). We've been advertised by HP partners that we will be able to do that.