4237 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP SIM IP Address Resritctions to localhost

Charlie Porter
Occasional Contributor

HP SIM IP Address Resritctions to localhost

Hi,

I'm trying to configure HP SIM so that it is only accessible via the server it is installed on, however nothing I enter into the "Inclusion Range" is working. I've tried adding the IP address of the server and 127.0.0.1 but nothing is working. Is it possible to set IP restrictions and still access HP SIM from the localhost?

Cheers,

Charles
3 REPLIES 3
Tiwari_A
Advisor

Hi Charles,
127.0.0.1 is loopback adaptor and may not be visible to SIM while receiving connection.
Enter 0.0.0.0 to prevent a user from logging in through a remote system.

http://www.hp.com/wwsolutions/misc/hpsim-helpfiles/mxhelp/mxportal/en/admin_auth_addUser.html

regards,
Ashutosh
Charlie Porter
Occasional Contributor

Hi Ashutosh,

If I enter in 0.0.0.0 or 127.0.0.1 into the inclusion range the user account can't log in from the CMS.

The user account I'm trying to log in with is a domain account and I'm modifying the IP address Restrictions on the group it a member of.

I have tested setting a single IP for a different client into the inclusion address and it allows me to log in from it. It just doesn't seem possible to connect from the CMS itself.

Has anyone else come across this issue?

Cheers,

Charles
Charlie Porter
Occasional Contributor

I've also checked the Audit logs and when attempting to log in from a non included client a "Sign-In Attempt From Disallowed IP address" is logged. However when attempting to log in from the CMS itself no such event is logged.