1753797 Members
6985 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP SIM Implmentation

bjp106
Visitor

HP SIM Implmentation

I need a little direction with HP SIM. I am looking to monitor HP physical hardware, not their OS's (not Windows, Linux, etc). I am looking to get alerts about temperature threshholds, among other similar things about the hardware. Currently, I have HP SIM 7.3 installed and running. I went through the frist time setup wizard and discovery which found IP addresses but nothing with useful information (which I expected).

I've read through tons of documentation and I can't seem to find a document that talks about implementing my needs above.  Also, I currently am not using iLO.

Any insight would be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
robheck
Occasional Advisor

Re: HP SIM Implmentation

The machines that I monitor are primarily Linux based machines. I installed the following RPMs in this order:
hp-health
hpsmh
hpdiags
hp-snmp-agents
hp-smh-templates

Once you've got those installed, I would recommend setting up and SNMP pass through using your iLO device from the Administation section, then discover the iLO device, then the machine. They should automatically associate with one another. All of the data you're looking to gather is provided to me via SNMP on these devices.

There's more than likely an easier way, but this is what's worked for me in the past. I hope this helps you get started.
bjp106
Visitor

So basically, I need to configure SNMP and iLO on the server hardware? Thanks

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello there,

Not only SNMP but also the agents and SMH as mentioned in the first reply.
What type of ILO's do you have ? ILO 4 can be monitored with ILO agentless.

Kind regards,

Andrew
Kind regards,

Andrew