108782 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP SIM Integration with BEM/Remedy

turionx
Frequent Advisor

HP SIM Integration with BEM/Remedy

Hi All,

Anyone integrated HP SIM with BEM.

I am planing to send events as SNMP traps to BEM server .I am not getting how to transfer them as incidents in BEM.

Waiting for some ideas.
Thanks in Advance!
5 REPLIES 5
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Re: HP SIM Integration with BEM/Remedy

HPSIM Events start out as snmp traps or wbem events. HPSIM receives them and creates the event.
I'm not aware of any way of forwarding the event as an snmp trap once HPSIM has created the event.
You can either get the agents on the HP Servers to send their snmp traps to both HPSIM and the BEM Server or you can get HPSIM to forward snmp traps to the BEM Server.
Not sure what can be done with the wbem events, but in theory you should be able to subscribe the BEM server to wbem events.

turionx
Frequent Advisor

I configured in SIM to forward events to as SNMP traps to another server.But i am not able to see the traps in that server.SNMP and SNMP trap services are running on that server .

Thanks!
danobi
Frequent Advisor

Last time I checked, BMC offered a module to process HPSIM messages in the PEM. There might be a solution for BEM as well.

If "I am not getting how to transfer them as incidents" means, you don't want to go above path, you might consider writing a small KM that reacts to SNMP traps so that the BEM can react on the values.
However, I don't know if this can be done with WBEM.
turionx
Frequent Advisor

Have you implemented that solution ?
danobi
Frequent Advisor

No, we planned for it, but as it is not free of charge, the project was dropped.