Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1752641 Members
5359 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP SIM MSDE Near 2GB Limit

kitan

HP SIM MSDE Near 2GB Limit

our HP SIM database is nearing its 2GB limit. in looking around in the db, i see there's a table called TrapData that is over 1GB with 360K rows. is this normal? if not, can i prune some of this data or is there some HP provided tool to get the db back down to a more manageable size? sorry if basic question but i'm new to SIM...

thanks in advance
2 REPLIES 2
My_HP_user

kitan,
If you are comfortable working in the SQL Server Management console you can go in and perform some maintenance on your database by shrinking the database. That will help compact and free up some space. If you keep hitting the 2GB limit then it may be time to migrate to a full SQL license.

There is no need to go into the tables to delete records. You can do that it the SIM interface - then shrink the database via the SQL Server management console.
Darrin Rawls
Respected Contributor

That means that you have a lot of old traps probably in HP SIM. I would create a Delete Events task that removes old events you aren't interested in any more. You can create a task that is tied to "All Cleared Events" and have it delete every 90 or 120 days. That way it won't delete any events you haven't cleared (i.e. acknowledged) and will clean up the event db.