4540 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP SIM - NNMi 9.10 Integration

MeierDavid
Regular Advisor

HP SIM - NNMi 9.10 Integration

Hi all,

I have to integrate the HP SIM with the NNMi. There is an ootb integration in NNMi but I don't know what will be integrated with it.
Are the nodes and events from the SIM synchronized/forwared to the NNMi with the Integration?

I made the configuration as described in the NNMi documentation, but I neither get event nor nodes. The wizard completes with success.
How does this integration work, I don't have to specify the SIM login or configure something on the SIM side, is that correct?

After a bit searching I saw that I can configure the event forwarding in the SIM by creating a task in Options --> Events --> Automatic Event Handling.
So I set up a new Task to forward the event. According to the tasks result log I can see that the SIM does send the snmp trap, but I never receive on on the NNMi side (checked it also with a sniffer on the NNMi).
Do I have to configure additional things on the SIM side?

Thanks and regards,
David

2 REPLIES 2
MeierDavid
Regular Advisor

I'm able to receive SNMP traps now except for these events which are created by the SIM (System Unreachable, Successful/Failed Login,...).

According to the document http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c03094420&lang=en&cc=us&taskId=101&prodSeriesId=4194735&prodTypeId=3709945 is this a bug in version 6.2.

The solution in the document is to upgrade to version 6.3.

Does someone know if there is also a Fix/Patch for 6.2 which solves this problem. It would be easier to install a patch rather upgrade the system.

Thanks and regards,

David

4Adam12
Regular Advisor

Hi David

I'm working on this integration also. I thought I read that I should be able to get nodes into NNMi from SIM even if NNMi doesn't discover them itself. I'm specifically interested in the ESXi hosts that are in SIM but not yet set up correclt yto be discovered in NNMi. Do you know if SIM pushes nodes to NNMi?