1753427 Members
4962 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP SIM Server Unreachable

doug sutton_1
Occasional Contributor

HP SIM Server Unreachable

I have the HP SIM v5.2 up and running fine (Windows enviro). I have also configured email notifications on most events that I need to monitor. I am having an issue where I receive "system is unreachable" notifications when a server goes offline. However, I don't know how to set up the notifications to let me know when that server becomes available again. I don't want to be alerted when all servers report that they are available, just the server that went offline. Does anyone have any idea, comments, suggestions on how best to accomplish this?

Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Re: HP SIM Server Unreachable

The server unavailable event is created by HPSIM as it polls servers. It's a critical event.

When it detects the server is available a Reachable Event is generated - this has a severity of normal.

You could create an event handling task to just pick up this one event.

doug sutton_1
Occasional Contributor

Re: HP SIM Server Unreachable

rob, thanks for the reply. I know I can create a task to alert me when a server becomes available, but I don't want to get alerted by every server when it becomes available. Is there a way to relate the unreachable event to the reachable event for a particular server.