1753946 Members
8052 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP SIM Suddenly Gives Blank Sceen

Brian_Reichert
Advisor

HP SIM Suddenly Gives Blank Sceen

Suddenly over the weekend HP SIM has stopped working in that it shows part of the screen it normally does but contains no data. I've attached a screenshot for anyone to check out. The only thing that has changed that I'm aware of it the application of recent Windows Updates.

I'm not sure just where to begin on this one. Can any one suggest what may cause this and where I can start to look?

Thanks,

Brian

P.S. The image can also be found here: http://rignesnet.tzo.com/downloads/SIM_Screenshot_NotWorking.JPG
5 REPLIES 5
Brian_Reichert
Advisor

Re: HP SIM Suddenly Gives Blank Sceen

Just as a quick FYI. I've had the same screen shot results in IE6, IE7, and Firefox 2.0. So I'm doubtful that the problem is a Windows Update.

Also, I've found several events in the Application log in the server we have SIM running on. They are similar to each other and listed below.

---

Event Type: Error
Event Source: HP Systems Insight Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 3
Date: 12/18/2006
Time: 8:40:44 AM
User: N/A
Computer: INBTDATA2A
Description:
Lost connection to database, exception: java.sql.SQLException: I/O Error: Connection reset by peer: socket write error

---

Date: 12/15/2006
Time: 3:03:21 PM
Description:
Lost connection to database, exception: java.sql.SQLException: I/O Error: Connection reset

---

Date: 12/15/2006
Time: 12:39:35 PM
Description:
com.hp.mx.database.DbVerificationException: Error loading database verification handler 'com.hp.mx.database.MsSqlVerificationHandler'
com.hp.mx.database.DbVerificationException: Error accessing database

---

I'm going to keep looking for stuff but so far I'm totally stumped and welcome any help.

Thanks,

Brian

Brian_Reichert
Advisor

Does such a thing as a "troubleshooting" guide exist for HP SIM? I'm not looking for an exact solution, but rather a bit of something to help me know where to start looking. And maybe a few suggestion on what may be the cause.

The problem I have is I don't know where to look for SIM itself that may give me a hint. I've already looked through the windows event logs as shown above.

Does SIM have an event log of it's own that I can look at?

It's terribly difficult to fix something when you have no idea what the problem is and can't even start to guess.

Thanks,

Brian
Kristian Franzen

Brian, we're experiencing the exact same issue. Have you had any success in troubleshooting / correcting this ?

regards
kristian
Mahesh Shah_3
Frequent Advisor

I had similar issues, when ├в Daily Device Identification├в and ├в Bi-weekly data collection├в tasks are running same time frame caused the blank screen and you don├в t have any control over in HP SIM. The workaround solution is I changed schedule for ├в Daily Device Identification├в task to run at night weekdays and ├в Bi-weekly data collection├в to run on weekend, resolve the problem.
Brian_Reichert
Advisor

No offense, but it took so long to get any response from anyone at HP that I was forced to reinstall and use a new database. It is now working but I had hoped I could have fixed the issue.

Sorry I just couldn't wait.