108789 Solutions
New Discussion

HP SIM Upgrade from 7.5.1 to 7.6 doesn't look like its worked

SOLVED
Go to solution
cesarpegado
Valued Contributor

HP SIM Upgrade from 7.5.1 to 7.6 doesn't look like its worked

So i've run through the upgrade process. But in the process i never saw it do the actual SIM application, all it did was the other addons like management homepage etc, and it found the old SQL database. 

After it says the ugrade is  complete, when i go to help - about in SIM i get the following info. I'm assuming the build version should now 7.6?

Central management server:      

Hostname: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx      

Operating system: Windows Server 2012      

Version: Systems Insight Manager 7.5.0 - Windows      

Build version: C.07.05.00.00r75rc01      

Build date: 2015-07-30 13:02      

Patches: HOTFIX75_001.jar Wednesday, 30/09/2015, 16:13 BST HOTFIX75_002.jar Tuesday, 22/09/2015, 18:02 BST HOTFIX75_003.jar Thursday, 01/10/2015, 15:58 BST User name: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I've tried to run teh installer again, and it shows i have none of the components it requested before, any advice?

Please note it all appears to be running ok, its just the fact i can't see it say anyway that its running 7.6

3 REPLIES 3
n0kia
Valued Contributor

Re: HP SIM Upgrade from 7.5.1 to 7.6 doesn't look like its worked

It should say 7.6

check your C:\hpsim.log installation file for reasons why it didn't upgrade.

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello,

I've checked my test set i've upgraded from 7.5 latest hotfix but the version should be :

Version:

Systems Insight Manager 7.6.0 - Windows

Build version:

C.07.06.00.00r76rc05

Build date:

2016-11-29 07:00

I still have the 7.5 hotfixes but that is to be expected when no new 7.6 hotfixes are/can be installed.

I've got hotfix 001 - 022 installed. Is your SQL remote or local ? if remote what version..

You can still run the setup to see if you can upgrade SIM only. If all other apps are already up te date these will be skiped.

Kind regards,

Andrew
cesarpegado
Valued Contributor
Solution

I've figured out why it didn't install now. I ran the self extracting file to a location like "c:\temp" then for some reason i cancelled the install to check some things, but as it had extracted to a location i came back to it and ran the setup in c:\temp\hpsim\win\setup.exe

I've noticed that in the zip file in my pc there is a folder missing from this folder which is the "c:\temp\hpsim\win\hpsim" folder. It appears when you cancel the install it deletes that folder, so if you retry the install the setup will show all ther other add ons to install minus the HP SIM application itself. Once i copy the hpsim folder back in that sub dir, when you get to the screen to select the addons i can now the HPSIM application available to install. 

So I will try that now and confirm if it works correctly, but the fact it shows it as an option makes me happier