Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1753860 Members
7780 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP SIM & Thin Clients

Evan Dalsted

HP SIM & Thin Clients

We've been implementing HP SIM for awhile now, and have almost everything configured and discovered that we support. However, in scanning via the discovery process we can't seem to get SIM to find any of our 500+ thin clients, that run a mix of Citrix and VMware View.

Is there any additional configuration via SIM or the CMS that needs to be done to pull in thin clients? Or any other advice?
4 REPLIES 4
Ali
HPE Pro

Hi Evan,

devices should be detected in the discovery process before we perform any other task.

so check network connectivity. If you got the IP address of any of those thin client then ping from HP SIM to see u get response.

run the Manual discovery with an IP address.

Once systems are detected, we can talk about their management.

cheers!
Aftab
I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base тАУ Just a Click Away!
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo

Evan Dalsted

I can ping the devices. However, this brings me to another issue I've been having for about a week now.

When attempting to load the Discovery page, HP SIM loads the page and the browser says "Done". But the page is entirely blank except for the Discovery heading at the top. I was only able to open this page once in the last week, after I waited at least 10 minutes past the point where the browser said it was done loading. Now, it won't display anything but a blank screen no matter how long I let it sit there.

Evan Dalsted

I managed to make it to the discovery page, after restarting the HP SIM service. So I'll leave that question for another day.

I was able to manually discover one of our HP Thin Clients.

It's now showing up as unmanaged, and had several major erros during discovery. Is their a logical process to managing thin clients?
Ali
HPE Pro

Hi Evan,

glad to know that you were managed to discover one of the thin clients.

HP SIM get the information via different channels like WBEM, SNMP, management agents and it is required to configure them properly to interact with the clients.

Also Trust by certificate, SSH etcs plays important role in establishing communications with managed systems.

Now since your client is discovered in HP SIM as unknown which means unmanaged node, we shall look at the configuration options

If you have SNMP service running on clients, you need to just establish a connection between clients and HP SIM by running the repair agent which would not only install the required agents but also configure the SNMP and other agents to interact with HP SIM and be managed within HP SIM.

Hope this helps,
Aftab
I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base тАУ Just a Click Away!
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo