3342 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP SIM and Firefox 4

Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

HP SIM and Firefox 4

Hi All,
OK it's obviously new, but has anyone tried using HPSIM with Firefox 4?
Mine seems to load the main page but doesn't load the list of servers, just sticks there at loading data...
Just keen to know if this is a local issue or an HPSIM FF4 incompatibility issue.
8 REPLIES 8
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Hey, Rob, looks fine here, even on the complex Insight Dynamics visualization page...(see attached screenshot)
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

David,
It's on screens where I have a large number of devices so there are multiple pages.
So where I have 3 x pages of servers it will not display pages 1 & 2 but will correctly display page 3.
I've pulled FF 4 out as it was misbehaving on a couple of other things as well.
I might try a FF remove and install to see if that changes the behaviour.
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

I've reinstalled FF 4.01 and this problem remains.
Anyone else seeing it?
It only shows on pages that have a full list of devices, e.g. if there are 3 x pages, then it will fail on pages 1 & 2.
It displays okay when I switch to the IE tab, and it works okay under FF 3.
shocko
Honored Contributor

Maybe install 'firebug' add-on and see what scripts are throwing erros on the page ROb. I'm using FF 4.0.1 without any issues.
If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Shocko Thanks, I added firebug but I'm not getting much from it. It tells me the script, but not exactly sure what to do with that info.
It seems it must be some kind of local issue judging by the responses.
What version of HPSIM are you running?

I've just made a change to the globalsettings.props file and changed PagingSizeTable and PagingThresholdTable from 200 down to 100 and it's now working.
So that would point to some kind of resource issue.

Anyone care to add what value they're seeing in those items th the globalsettings.props file.

jim goodman
Trusted Contributor

I have seen some consistency issues as well with FF4 and haven't taken the time to dig deeply into it. I figured I was going to be chasing my tail decided to wait for the browser to be formally supported.

If you find the smoking gun I hope you'll update the post here.
babecassis
Occasional Advisor

I have the same issue. On FF4 or higher any page like the "all systems" page sits on "loading.
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

You can try the same change that I made.
Edit the file C:\Program Files\HP\Systems Insight Manager\config\globalsettings.props

I changed PagingSizeTable and PagingThresholdTable from 200 to 100.

Not sure if both need to be changed, but that got FF4 working. But you now only get 100 devices per page.
I don't know what, within FF4 could be changed to allow the larger value to work.
Also I've not experimented with other values so you may be able to increase it.