1752341 Members
5550 Online
108787 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP SIM and Netscaler VPX

jvogie
Occasional Contributor

HP SIM and Netscaler VPX

Hello, any one here have success monitoring a Citrix Netscaler VPX from HP SIM?

I have checked in (mxcompile, mxmib -a) the NS-ROOT-MIB from Citrix but polling is not giving me alot of information. What else may need done on the Netscaller side besides a commnity name and trap target?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
shocko
Honored Contributor

I have a NetScaler or 2 but haven't set anything up on them yet. Is the networking/firewall configured appropriately between them? I'd assume on the NetScaler you'd need to add an SNMP trap destination of the SIM server.

If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)
jvogie
Occasional Contributor

Correct, we have the NetScaler sending traps to SIM as a target and it's added to inventory but events are not coming in. It did pick up the NetScaler as a NetScaler since we have the MIB checked in. Just not sure what all we can do using HP SIM to keep a eye on it so I wanted to see if anyone in the community was. I know you can create monitors on the NetScaler side that if a URL or Service is down you can send a custom OID out. If I add the OID into SIM it sounds like it's possible to have some intresting monitoring on a per URL/Service basis.

Currently were looking at some other tools, like the free app flow from solar winds. It will give us data and stats but maybe not errors/events.

shocko
Honored Contributor

Perhaps (like a Cisco Switch) you need to specifically enable the snmp traps On the NetScaler via the command line e.g.. On my Cisco kit, even if I enable SNMP and set SIM as a destination, I still must enable traps for each specific area i.e.. interface up/down.

If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)