Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1752565 Members
5481 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP SIM and RSA. The contract and warranty information isn't displayed.

sbagautdinov
Visitor

HP SIM and RSA. The contract and warranty information isn't displayed.

We have a problem with HP SIM 6.2 and Remote Support Advanced: the contract and warranty information isn't displayed. There are only question marks in the column CW in HP SIM ‘s “All Systems” tab.

If to choose in  “Options”-> “Contract and Warranty Data Collection” and for any server select  "run now" it will end with failure «There was no response from the Service Essentials Remote Support Pack client and/or the remote back-end contract and warranty service at hp.com. Verify the Service Essentials Remote Support Pack client service is running, properly configured and that the HP SIM server has access to the internet»

HP SIM and Remote Support Advanced are installed on one virtual server running MS Windows 2003 R2. Both programs are successfully registered.  In the “Options”-> “Remote Support Configuration and Services”-“Settings” tab all necessary fields are filled also the button “test data submittal” returns the answer «Successfully created the test event». In properties of servers the information about “Serial Number” and “Product Number” is present.

13 REPLIES 13
shocko
Honored Contributor

HI,
From you CMS/IRS service can you connect to these sites (without any internet proxies)

If you can't then IRS will not be able to contact the backend to gather contract and warranty information. I needed to put static routes on my CMS and force it though a firewall to allow communication. Verify this communication path first then we could look at config issues ;)

If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)
sbagautdinov
Visitor

Hi, Shocko! Thanks for Your answer!

If I type these 2 addresses in browser with configured proxy settings, then I see answer from server. But if I release those proxy settings, then both links become inaccessible.

Also our proxy settings are specified in the “Options”-> “Remote Support Configuration and Services”-“Settings” tab. Is it true, that RSA can't obtain the contract and warranty information through a proxy server?

How did You put static routes on Your CMS and force it?

shocko
Honored Contributor

Does you proxy require authentication? If you connectivity status in RSA is good then it should work

ScreenShot001.jpg

If the IRS Client service is running then the issue is could be with certs.

shocko
Honored Contributor

I would run wireshark or MS Network monitor on the server and see if the IRS client is actaully trying to contact the HP backend through the proxy. I will check where to see if the certs are in sync as i had a similar issue due to certs
shocko
Honored Contributor

Just checked myself and indeed the IRS client uses the proxy settings you set on the 'Settings' tab.

sbagautdinov
Visitor

Hi! It's pleasure to see answers! :)

Yes, our proxy requires an authentication.
The IRS Client service is running and Insight Remote Support Service (Connectivity) Status is as good as on Your screenshot.
Tell me please about Your problem with certs.
How did You solve this problem?

shocko
Honored Contributor

Did you run a network trace to see if the request is hitting the HP backend?

sbagautdinov
Visitor

No, I didn't yet. I'm learning Wireshark now.

What about certificates?

shocko
Honored Contributor

Yep, searching through my support requests to see if i can find that issue. I'll update when/if i find it ;)