1753424 Members
4901 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP SIM: automatic event handling for custom collections

lwright
Occasional Advisor

HP SIM: automatic event handling for custom collections

Does anyone know of a way to have email/pager events sent based on custom server collections in automatic event handling? We have created various server collections and would like emails sent for each specific collection as needed, not all servers.
5 REPLIES 5
loooolaaaaa
Frequent Advisor

Yes, you can create an automatic event handling task with "Email/Send Page actions" for a specific collections other than "All Servers". When ever an event is recieved from any servers of specfic collections an email/pager will be sent
lwright
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for your reply. However, I do not see where I can select these Custom collections; only All Servers. We are using HP SIM 5.0 w/SP5. Can you provide more detail on how to get the custom collections to show up as a choice for these events?
Rancher
Honored Contributor

I am not sure if this will work since we are on 5.1.
Go to Options/Events/Automatic Event Handling/Manage Tasks.
Click New and follow the screens. When you get to Select Sytems, see if you have a box that says "Use this System Collection." If you do, there should be a drop down box that will allow you to scroll to all of your collections.
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

Rancher is correct - this feature is not available is older versions of SIM. You need to upgrade to version 5.1 to use custom collections for alerting.

Nelson
lwright
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for the info. I don't see that option in 5.0, so hopefully 5.1 will give us more functionality with custom collections. Thanks again!