New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP SIM components free

SOLVED
Go to solution
help.me.now
Regular Advisor

HP SIM components free

Hi

I'm start working HP SIM. I just want to know the below tools is free (not required licensed to install)

1. Install WBEM / WMI Provider (HP Insight Management WBEM Provider)
2. Install SNMP Agent (HP Insight Management Agents) for Windows
3. Install Open SSH SSH is used for running tools remotely on managed systems.
4. Install the Version Control Agent for Windows (VCA) The VCA, in conjunction

Please advise

Robert
10 REPLIES 10
Eddie J. Garza
Advisor
Solution

All of these are basic functions of HP SIM and do not require a purchase of an additional license.
help.me.now
Regular Advisor

Thanks Eddie for the info

Is there anything I'm not mention from what I said before is free . I want to know how many tools/components is free of charge

Thanks
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

Let go about this in different way..what is not Free.

HP Integrated Lights-Out ''Advance''

HP ProLiant Essentials Rapid Deployment Pack
Rapid Deployment Pack (RDP) is a server deployment solution that facilitates the installation, configuration, and deployment of high-volumes of servers through either a GUI-based or a web-based console, using either scripting or imaging technology. Server configuration time is reduced, making it possible to scale server deployments to high volumes in rapid fashion.

Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

HP ProLiant Essentials Vulnerability and Patch Management Pack

Gain the upper hand against hackers, worms and Trojans that exploit software security vulnerabilities, using the HP ProLiant Essentials Vulnerability and Patch Management Pack; the all-in-one vulnerability assessment and patch management tool integrated into HP Systems Insight Manager, simplifying and consolidating the proactive identification and resolution of issues that can impact server availability into one central console.

This part can be donne easily with WSUS also.

Dan
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

HP Insight Power Manager

HP Insight Power Manager (IPM) enables customers to accurately monitor power consumption, reduce energy usage, and reclaim lost data center power and cooling resources. Use power measurement and Dynamic Power Capping to accurately characterize and place an upper limit on power usage and protect circuit breakers, enabling more servers to fit safely within the same power budget. Use Power Regulator to automatically adjust processor clock speeds based on workload requirements, reducing overall data center power consumption and cost.

Dan
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

HP Storage Essentials

HP Storage Essentials software for storage, monitors performance, automates tasks, and simplifies processes.

If you re RICH!!!!this one is $$$$,why i know this is i already got a price for my (3)EVA 8000 and other conexion,Ouchhh 500 K.

Dan

Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

The reason I think why HP SIM is free for most tool,is because it directe you on buying hp hardware, you can also manage DELL, IBM and others ,but HP you can add waranty service and ISEE support for hardware failure call and all in out it is the best tool for this,i manage all my PC(90% hp),Printers (70%), network node and others.

IBM Director will cost more the HP SIM for different hardware DELL /HP

Dan

PS:PLEASE say thank you with HP points there are situated next to every message in you re thread has UNASSIGNED
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

oups almost forgot one:

HP ProLiant Essentials Workload Management Pack

The ProLiant Essentials Workload Management Pack is a software solution that controls and dynamically allocates system resources enabling application consolidation and performance optimization on Windows 2000 server and Windows Server 2003 platforms bringing maximum utilization, lower total cost of ownership and improved availability to IT environments.

Very usefull.
help.me.now
Regular Advisor

Thanks for all info .. and very helpful