108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP SIM confusing two BL10e systems

SOLVED
Go to solution
brandonlong
Occasional Contributor

HP SIM confusing two BL10e systems

My SIM 5.0 CMS is identifying two seperate servers as one item. If it has one discovered, when I try to discover the other one it replaces the first one's information. example:
If I have the following, (which is correctly being detected by SIM):
Name: System 1
IP Address: 192.168.2.xx
Then I manually attempt to discover this system:
Name: System 2
IP Address: 5.1.6.xx
The Entry under the name System 1 changes to the IP address of System 2 and System 2 never shows up.
If I try to manually reset the system info things continue to reapply in the manner above, no matter which one is detected first.
The systems are two distinct systems, I am guessing there is something still hanging out in the Database that a delete through the interface is not cleaning out.
Is there a tool or method to use that will correct this (without having to perform a backup of the database, modify the files and reload it?)
Thank you,
Brandon
4 REPLIES 4
Aravindh Rajaram
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: HP SIM confusing two BL10e systems

Make sure that the GUID of the servers are not the same. If you have used image based deployment to bring up ur blade systems, then there is a possibility that the GUID's are same and hence SIM will show up as only one server.
Aravindh Rajaram
Honored Contributor

GUID will be located at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Compaq Insight Agent\Hostguid in the registry. Delete the registry key and then reboot the server for a new unique GUID to get created and then rediscover the systems in HPSIM.
brandonlong
Occasional Contributor

thanks,
I had found that suggestion elsewhere, but it looked like an old thread, so I waited for confirmation.

In reviewing the systems in question the GUIDs are the same. Very strange as we don't have the SIM agents included in the imaging that we use here at my company. Then again, these systems were built a year prior to my joining the admin team.. Gotta love picking up legacy stuff..

This looks like it is going to fix it.
brandonlong
Occasional Contributor

closing as it solved the problem